- Pierre Chang shooting the Arrow film
- We discover the Arrow's true purpose: to create defensives against the Hostiles (much cooler than a storage and restocking facility!)
- Somebody knows that Aaron is not Kate's child, and threatens to bring the sheriff if she won't comply
- Locke sees the Beechcraft crash-land on the Island
- Ethan shoots his own leader (John Locke)...
- Hurley standing casually on the balcony overlooking passers-by, with a gun...:)
- Daniel talks to Desmond, saying that he is the only one who can save them (by finding his mother, Eloise Hawking)
- Hurley telling his mom 'the truth' about crashing on Flight 815
- Frogurt on fire - a classic reminder that redshirts should never intervene with camp problems.
- Ana Lucia Cortez tells Hurley, 'Libby says hi'.
- The classic Hot Pocket scene...
- Eloise Hawking - "Then God help us all..."
- Daniel confesses his love for Charlotte
- Widmore was on the Island... and he's an Other
- Desmond and Penny's child was named after Charlie Pace...:)
- Sawyer witnesses Kate delivering Aaron in an emotional and unforgetable scene
- Ben is revealed to be the client
- We see an Ajira Airways water bottle, which was a shout-out to avid LOST fans worldwide.
- The science expedition (Rousseau, Montand, Rovert, etc.) crashes on the Island
- Jin is alive!!!
- Montand loses his arm
- We see a Temple (possibly The Temple) in the Dark Territory
- Charlotte dies from temporal displacement
- Locke turns the frozen wheel
- Eloise and the Lamp Post Station
- Frank Lapidus is the pilot! - "We're not going to Guam, are we?"
- Jin in a DHARMA van, and wearing a DHARMA suit
Episode 7: "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"
This episode reveals the epic story of John Locke, and his off-Island mission to get the Oceanic 6 to return to the Island. In "Because You Left", Richard told Locke that he had to die in order to bring them back. Christian confirmed this by saying, "that's why they call it sacrifice." When Locke is off the Island, Charles Widmore assures him that he won't die, and that he wants to help John to bring them back. Widmore explains that a war is coming, and Locke must be on the Island for the right side to win. Matthew Abaddon takes Locke to find the Oceanic 6. Sayid and Kate both refuse to return, and Locke doesn't ask Walt because he's "been through enough." When Abaddon is shot by Ben, Locke gets into a car accident, and ends up at the hospital Jack works at. Jack tells Locke he's just a lonely old man who survived a plane crash, and that fate isn't real. Locke attempts to hang himself, but Ben intervenes, saying that he "still has work to do." When Locke mentions that Jin is still alive, and that he knows about Eloise Hawking, Ben strangles him to death.
- Widmore was once the leader of the Others
- Abaddon was shot... by Ben!
- Ben murders Locke, right after preventing him from hanging himself
- Ben is with the injured Ajira survivors
Episode 8: "LaFleur"
Miles, Sawyer, Jin, and Juliet are near the Orchid well, right after one of the time shifts. We get to see something that all LOST fans have been anticipating since "Live Together, Die Alone": the four-toed statue. After Locke turns the wheel, the nosebleeds stop, and the Islanders gain their composure As they head back to the beach camp, they see two Hostiles about to kill a woman. Sawyer intervenes, killing the Hostiles. The woman insists that they bury the bodies, because of their truce. At the Barracks, Sawyer tells Horace Goodspeed that they crashed on the Island in a salvage vessel, and that his name is Jim LaFleur. Richard Alpert makes a casual appearance at the Barracks at nighttime, talking peacefully with DHARMA nemesis Goodspeed. Richard demans retribution for them breaking the truce. Sawyer explains that he shot the men, and he isn't a part of DHARMA. Sawyer says that he's waiting for John Locke (the man who entered their camp in 1954) to return. Three years later, we see that "James LaFleur" is head of security at the Barracks and Juliet is working at the Motor Pool. We also see that Sawyer and Juliet have a strong relationship with each other. Sawyer is radioed by Jin who says that he's found the survivors at the North Valley.
- We finally see the four-toed staue...
- Richard visits the Barracks
- Sawyer is head of DHARMA security!
- Sawyer & Juliet together - they're a perfect couple...
- The survivors have a grand reunion, seeing each other after more than three years apart.
Season 5 has exceeded all of my expecations for LOST. The writers have perfectly blended elements of mythology with character development. Season 5 has been a season full of time travel, mysticism, religion, science, faith and mytholgogy - which are all key incredients to the recipe of LOST. Every episode of this season has been incredibly unique and intriguing. Now that we are in DHARMA times, we will be able to learn the many mysteries of pre-purge DHARMA, and their historic conflict with the Island's hostile and indigenous inhabitants. Hopefully we will see more of the Island's enigmatic DHARMA stations (the Flame, Tempest, Staff, Orchid, Swan, Pearl, Temple, Arrow, Hydra, Looking Glass) and also see more DHARMA characters (Radzinski, Chang, the DeGroots).
We are half-way through this season, and so far the episodes have been incredible. I have a good feeling the second half of this season will be no different.